My photo
I wrote this blog to keep notes on my daily life...some is about teaching, some about just plain normal life...who am I kidding? My life is anything but plain and normal! I hope you enjoy! I love to know who is reading so leave me a comment!!!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

10 on Tuesday...

So here's my attempt to blog more...10 things every Tuesday. I got this idea from Nounces. It's a grand one too! She actually designed my mom's surprise party invites!!! That's #1!!!

1. Plans for mom's surprise party are in full gear!!! The best part is, that I can post this cause she can't even turn on a computer let alone find my blog!!!

I had to block out names and address' to protect the innocent...mom is mom!
Photobucket

Invites are out and are D-A-R-L-I-N-G if I do say so myself! If you need invites done, I highly recommend her!!! She has an etsy shop too but just click on her link above and it will lead you!!!!
2. My children are giving speeches on their favorite zoo animal. One little boy asked his classmate a question after the speech it went like this:

"How do you know so much about lions?"
"Well my mom knew it all! She must have listened really good in class!"

3. I kept one of my "friends" in from recess today due to some chronic spitting problems. Please note, this is one who skipped Kindergarten...so kind of on the bright side.

Me: "Why were you spitting on the playground...AGAIN?!?!?!" Student: "It's weird...I just get out of control sometimes!"


4. Exactly one week from now, I will have said good-bye to my fourth year of students and hello to a nice lovely adult beverage!

5. My new nephew was born on June3rd. His name is Tyler Paul Jensen. He is Rylee's new baby brother. He was ONE ounce smaller than his big sister, weighing in at 7.3 and 19.5 inches.

6. My OTHER new nephew was born on June 4th. His name is Chase Conway Cyr. He weighed in at 7.4 and 21 inches I believe.

(no, that was no mistake..two babies...one very HAPPY great grandma!)

7. We just finished up talent show try-outs at school today... 3 words... SO FREAKIN CUTE!!!
These kids have guts I tell ya! More than half have never had a lesson a day in their life and they strut their stuff like they are professionals!

8. I am patiently waiting the arrival of my new deck...=)

9. Have I mentioned that I have one week of school left?

10. One of my sweet sweet friends in my class had a bad accident last Friday. She was doing the monkey bars and near her last one, slipped off and hit her elbow on the platform where the kids land. Needless to say...it was very broken. The poor sweet thing had to go in for surgery that night to get pins in her elbow.


xoxo

No comments: