My photo
I wrote this blog to keep notes on my daily life...some is about teaching, some about just plain normal life...who am I kidding? My life is anything but plain and normal! I hope you enjoy! I love to know who is reading so leave me a comment!!!!

Friday, July 31, 2009

THIS IS THE CUT!! IT'S THE CUT!!!! aka Orcas Island 7/09

The Boy and I returned from a lovely adventure to Orcas Island, WA yesterday evening. (this is REALLY late! I couldn't get my pics to post!)

It was an adventure let me tell you!!!!! We went with friends, Dan and Kirsten. The plan was to sleep in the tent in Tiffany's backward...should be interesting!

The entire 6 hour car ride back (plus a stop for lunch and Cabela's) I debated on the layout I would make for this post...I do enjoy lists so I decided to go with it! Don't worry...I will elaborate where needed!

-left at noon Friday...arrived at 11:00pm that night
(traffic was horrible from Vancouver to Everett, one quick stop at Burgerville, a rest stop with a HUGE arborvitae and two missed ferry's)
-when we had arrived...we were greeted by approximately 25 wasted "pretty people" that were complete strangers to The Boy and I... (you know, the type that look good in their pj's and make up all over their face?) we chose to set tents up in the dark and head straight to bed...we could hear much chaos outside including what we believe was stripping...

-the view in the morning was to die for...the house was on the water!

-we headed out for some sightseeing

-we went to Happy Hour and racked up a $101.00 bill...who knows how that happened? This is what we ordered...4 beers, 4 glasses of wine, one antipasta plate, one crab quesadilla, one piece of pie and one piece of cake...you red that right...$101.00

-we took the boys to the wedding we were NOT invited to

-we hung out at the beach while they were at the wedding they didn't want to go to

-the groom's grandma asked why they weren't serving hot dogs at the wedding...after all...it is hot dog month (crazy granny!)

-the boys got kicked out of the wedding when we showed up to pick them up...the bride made sure NO one she didn't know was invited (i.e. girlfriends of the guests) when she saw us the groom made sure the boys split...

-we went to Mt. Constitution


-we went to bed early...we heard the "night" show of more wasted people...and more wasted people...they sang, danced, and stripped again...the title of the blog came from this part...we heard screams of "This is the cut!!! This is the cut!!!" When a song they enjoyed came on...oh wait that was EVERY song! HYSTERICAL!!!

-we woke up VERY early to get to the Ferry so we could make it on by 9:00am


-we arrived in Portland by 5:00pm


Quick Trip but some VERY good times and adventures!

No comments: