My photo
I wrote this blog to keep notes on my daily life...some is about teaching, some about just plain normal life...who am I kidding? My life is anything but plain and normal! I hope you enjoy! I love to know who is reading so leave me a comment!!!!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fun 4th things...

Since school is out, I have well...nothing to do! So I tend to think up crafty things I can do and never have time to do during the school year...unless it snows or something!

Here is the chalkboard I made for the kitchen! Now I can leave the boys lovely little reminders =)

I took an old frame I had from IKEA and painted the frame part the green that is on the wall to the right of where this is hanging. Then the glass part was actually plastic so I spray painted that with chalkboard paint...I am thinking I may go get the magnetic spray and put a layer on it so I can put things up there....who knows!?!?!? I LOVE it though! It's the first time I used the chalkboard paint and it's lovely!

Today is the 4th of July and we are headed to some good friends' house for a BBQ! I am bringing appetizers and treats for the kids!

Here are my Marshmellow Fun Smores on a Stick! They are delicious! I got the idea from Julia over at HUSH, but I am pretty sure she didn't even blog about them...they were just on her SIL's Facebook! But then I was crusin around in bloggy land and found these at Whimsical Creations and thought they were PERFECT for the party tonight!

Here are mine... I am not impressed with the photos of these or my presentation...I still have 2 hours so we will see what I can come up with!
They are marshmallows on sucker sticks...then you melt chocolate in a double broiler (I think that's what it's called, my mom would be so proud!) and then you make a plate of graham cracker crumbs and add sprinkles to it. Dip the marshmallow in the chocolate, roll it around in the crumbs and VIOLA!

Last but certainly not least...my appetizer for tonight is Brown Suga (yes, it's not pronounced with an R...like Suga Daddy) Lil' smokies... I took those little wienies and wrapped them in bacon and will soon put brown suga over the top to make a toothpick of GOODNESS! They aren't in the oven yet, but here is what they look like waiting...

No comments: