My photo
I wrote this blog to keep notes on my daily life...some is about teaching, some about just plain normal life...who am I kidding? My life is anything but plain and normal! I hope you enjoy! I love to know who is reading so leave me a comment!!!!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Kindergartenisms....

I will be using first names of my students but leaving out the last names to protect my kids from you weirdos out there!!!

Isaac~ After recess one day..."I'm sweatin like a buffalo!" after recess the next day "I'm sweating like a donkey Miss C!"

Mikey~ After making pumpkin pie right before Thanksgiving..."Miss C! My mom used to make this for me when I was a kid!"

Jason~ To his friend AJ. (jason puts his arm around AJ) "My mom says this is what you do when you are good buddies with someone!(referring to the arm around him)

Trenton~ For Halloween Miss C dressed up like the coconut tree from Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. For those of you who don't know...it is a coconut tree that letters climb up. Very popular in the primary grades. So Trent asked me to tie his shoe. As I am tying it he says "Hey! You don't have any coconuts" this was true..I just had the letters...he points to my chest "Those can be your coconuts!" Thanks! Appreciate that!

Sam~ Sam was headed to the retirement community where his nana was moving into for Thanksgiving. I had just taught the kids a turkey song sung to the tune of "I'm a little teapot". Sam's mom had just explained that their family would probably adopt a person from nana's retirement community for Christmas because they didn't have a family or a lot of money. I asked Sam the day before he left if he would sing that song for Nana...he replied "yes! I will sing it for nana and all the poor people she lives with!"

No comments: