My photo
I wrote this blog to keep notes on my daily life...some is about teaching, some about just plain normal life...who am I kidding? My life is anything but plain and normal! I hope you enjoy! I love to know who is reading so leave me a comment!!!!

Monday, November 23, 2009

Amazing moments in time...

I have to admit...I feel not quite right with my students lately.  I haven't yet connected so well this year.  I don't know what's different, but it's not right.  Last year was my first year in first grade, but my second year with the same kids.  That could be the difference.  I knew those kids like they were my own and vice versa.

Today was a moment that made me realize why I do the job I do...

Mr. Z came up and exclaimed..."Miss MegPie!  I LOVE this CD player!  It taught me to READ!  I can read this book now!"  He was excited beyond words that he could now read.  That is the empowerment kids need to make it all "click".  My guess is that his reading will take off shortly. He had a perma smile ALL DAY!

Hey...even if it wasn't me that taught him to read...it made me happy!
Those CD players must have so much joy everyday!

No comments: