My photo
I wrote this blog to keep notes on my daily life...some is about teaching, some about just plain normal life...who am I kidding? My life is anything but plain and normal! I hope you enjoy! I love to know who is reading so leave me a comment!!!!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear Sister...

Yesterday was Steph's birthday. For those of you that don't know...she is my sister. Find out about her here. ( I suggest reading that before going on, otherwise you may be completely confused!)

We celebrated the night before as mother and I attended the camp reuniting as previously posted. We always like to go out to dinner. Sometimes we make jokes...like this:

The first year it was her birthday after she left this earth we wanted to go to Outback Steakhouse. Her friends were in town. We wanted to take "her" with us, have a chair for "her", and even order for "her". We had down what we would say...it would go something like this...

"Um yeah! (pointing at "her") She will have a salad. She is on a diet so please make it fat free dressing!"

We laughed and came up with more jokes...people think we are morbid...I think we are funny. =)
Steph would think we were HILARIOUS! And that my friends is all that matters!

I unexpectedly love the times when it is Steph's birthday or the anniversary of her death. They bring everyone close and mother and I tend to hear from a lot of people around that time. Great stories are told to us or written to us about her and we embrace it. It seems as though she was just here. That was 8 short years ago. I can't imagine how wonderful my life would be if she were still here. I would give anything to have her back. There is always a silver lining though. I have made some amazing friends. I am able to do things like Camp Erin, and volunteer at Me, Too. & Company. I love you sister! I can't wait to see you again!

19/365

Hearing stories from Steph's friends about how she touched their lives makes me incredibly happy!

No comments: